- Each capsule contains 500mg of easy-to-absorb NAC
- NAC is a derivative of the amino acid l-cysteine, one of the amino acids used as building blocks for protein in the body
- NAC also helps to replenish levels of glutathione in the body, glutathione is one of the body’s most important antioxidants.
- On its own, the amino acid l-cysteine can be quite unstable, but in the altered form of NAC, it is highly stable, and is also very well absorbed by the body
- NAC is one of the few amino acids that contains sulphur
- Because of this NAC may have a strong sulphur-like odour, which is completely normal
Why choose NAC?
- Cysteine is the rate-limiting amino acid in the production of glutathione. This means that if you don’t consume enough cysteine from your diet, it can have an impact on how quickly you make glutathione. Therefore, providing it in supplemental form (as NAC) may be particularly helpful for supporting the body’s own production of glutathione. N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine may be defined as a precursor to glutathione, also known as the “master antioxidant”.
Who is it suitable for?
NAC is suitable for individuals who may wish to support their glutathione levels. Healthy glutathione levels may support the detoxification pathways of the liver and provide protection of cells from oxidative stress and damage.
Product Code: 3225